The visions of bridezilla seen on TV or online often make us laugh. It’s only when we come face to face with “bridezilla” that it stops being so funny! We start wondering what happened to us (if we’re the bride), or who replaced our friend, daughter, or fiancé. Today on the blog I’m talking about how to be a happy bride while planning your wedding.
1. Go on dates. Remember the guy you crushed on, he finally asked you out (or maybe you asked him out!), and well, the rest is history? Even though you are planning a wedding, remember to take time for fun and each other. Do things you both enjoy, and take breaks from wedding planning!
2. Enjoy the process. You only get married once! Have fun with ideas on Pinterest, styling, favors, and other small touches. This is YOUR Best Day Ever, so enjoy creating something you will love for years to come.
3. Delegate projects to someone you trust. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed with all the ideas you are bombarded with as a bride. If you find you’re not having fun anymore, talk with a trusted friend, your mom, or your wedding planner. Let them help where they can, or decide to let insignificant things go.
4. Take time for you. While engagement is a busy season with parties, showers, and planning, it’s important to make time for yourself to relax and do things you enjoy. Get some coffee or tea and write in your journal if that’s your thing. Or plan a fun outing with some friends.
5. Remember, you are preparing for a marriage, not just a wedding. You said yes, so marriage is clearly something you value! Be sure you and your fiancé are investing in the marriage-to-be, and not just planning for the wedding. Pre-marital counseling is an excellent idea as you process what it will mean to build a life together. Or books to consider reading include Love & Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs and The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman.
You CAN be a happy bride by asking for help, taking time for you and your loved ones, and remembering to prioritize what matters most! SS